This day started with the Tuesday General Session presented by Ray O’Farrell, Sanjay Poonen, Lindsey Vonn and Steve Young.
VMware CTO Ray O’Farrell will guide the conversation with a series of hands-on demos as we look at the dynamic interplay between apps, infrastructure, cloud, networking, security, and devices. With business apps dominating today’s IT environments, what is the optimal way to deliver the best experiences to your customers and colleagues as you build, run, manage, connect, secure, and consume apps across a range of environments – Cloud, On-Premises, Edge and Devices? Is Kubernetes part of your vocabulary yet? What are the new skills you need to succeed in this dynamic app-centric world? What are the key considerations when operating in a multi-cloud environment? How should you make security intrinsic to your day-to-day operations in a proactive manner? Assisted by a team of experts, you will discover new and emerging product innovations, best practices, case studies and a few surprises along the way. VMware COO Sanjay Poonen will then host two professional athletes, skier Lindsey Vonn, the top US skier of all time and Steve Young, Pro Football Hall of Famer and former 49er quarterback. They will share personal stories of their unrelenting work ethic, how they overcame obstacles and what drives their passion these days.
Highlights of the Tuesday General Session
- How Tanzu Tees uses VMware Cloud on Dell EMC to improve customer services.
- Project Pacific demo on Kubernetes how Tanzu Tees runs these workloads.
- Demo on Tanzu Mission Control.
- NSX Intelligence Demo.
- App Defense with Carbon Black Demo.
- Demo of CloudHealth.
- NFV and SD-WAN on ARM!
- Cross-Cloud vMotion from Azure to VMC on AWS… HolySh*t
- 11:00 – 12:00 How GPU-Assisted ML for Medical Research Proved to Be a Force for Good. #HBI1546BU
- 13:00 – 14:00 Beyond the Marketing: What’s New in Horizon 7 #ADV1337BU
- 14:00 – 15:00 Architecting Workspace ONE: The Official Reference Architecture #ADV1110BU
- 16:00 – 17:00 Juggling Okta, Workspace ONE, and Office 365 #UEM3675BUS
- 17:30 -18:30 Enabling AI-Powered Workspace ONE Digital Assistant in Intelligent Hub #DEE3015BU