Last week i passed the VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6 – Desktop and Mobility Deployment Exam and the logical next step now is to take the VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6 – Desktop and Mobility Design Exam to become VMware Certified Implementation Expert 6 – Desktop and Mobility and maybe eventually go for VCDX-DTM. Currently working on a awesome Workspace ONE implementation and that might just be the perfect blue print for my VCDX-DTM.
So i just booked the VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6 – Desktop and Mobility Design Exam for 13th of June and lets see what happens 🙂
To prepare i will follow the below sections and read into the configuration maximums.
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6 – Desktop and Mobility Design Exam
This exam tests your ability to develop a Horizon 6.x conceptual design given a set of customer requirements, determine the functional requirements needed to create a logical design, and architect a physical design using these elements.
- Objective 1.1 – Gather and analyze business requirements
- Objective 1.2 – Gather and analyze application requirements
- Objective 1.3 – Differentiate requirements, risks, constraints and assumptions
- Objective 1.4 – Evaluate existing business practices against established use cases
- Objective 2.1 – Map Business Requirements to the Logical Design
- Objective 2.2 – Map Horizon Solution Dependencies
- Objective 2.3 – Build Availability Requirements into the Logical Design
- Objective 2.4 – Build Manageability Requirements into the Logical Design
- Objective 2.5 – Build Performance Requirements into the Logical Design
- Objective 2.6 – Build Recoverability Requirements into the Logical Design
- Objective 2.7 – Build Security Requirements into the Logical Design
- Objective 3.1 – Create a Horizon Pod and Block Architecture Design
- Objective 3.2 – Extend Horizon Architecture Design to Support Additional Horizon Suite Components
- Objective 3.3 – Design vSphere Infrastructure to Support a Horizon Implementation
- Objective 3.4 – Add Required Services to Support a Given vSphere Design
- Objective 4.1 – Create and Optimize a Physical Design for Horizon Infrastructure Storage
- Objective 4.2 – Create and Optimize a Physical Design for View Pool Storage
- Objective 4.3 – Create and Optimize a Physical Storage Design for Applications
- Objective 4.4 – Create and Optimize a Tiered Physical Horizon Storage Design
- Objective 4.5 – Integrate Virtual SAN into a Horizon Design
- Objective 4.6 – Create and Optimize a Physical Storage Design for a Horizon Mirage Deployment
- Objective 5.1: Plan and Design Network Requirements for Horizon solutions (including Mirage and Workspace)
- Objective 5.2: Design Network and Security Components Based on Capacity and Availability Requirements
- Objective 5.3: Evaluate GPO and Display Protocol Tuning Options Based on Bandwidth and Connection Limits
- Objective 6.1 – Design Virtual and Physical Image Masters
- Objective 6.2 – Optimize Desktop Images, OS Services and Applications for a Horizon Design
- Objective 6.3 – Incorporate Desktop Pools into a Horizon Design
- Objective 6.4 – Incorporate RDS Pools into a Horizon Design
- Objective 6.5 – Design Mirage Image and Application Layers for a Horizon Design
- Objective 7.1: Design Application Integration and/or Delivery System(s) using Horizon Application Tools
- Objective 7.2: Design Active Directory to Facilitate Application Assignment
- Objective 7.3: Design and Size RDS Application Pools and Farms
- Objective 7.4: Create Application Architecture Design
- Objective 7.5: Design Application Integration and/or Delivery System(s) using Horizon Workspace
- Objective 8.1 – Incorporate Session Connectivity Requirements in a Horizon End Point Design
- Objective 8.2 – Incorporate Management Requirements in a Horizon End Point Client Design
- Objective 8.3 – Incorporate Security Requirements in a Horizon End Point Design
To book yours:
|Exam Number: 3V0-652||Duration: 240 minutes|
|Associated Certification: VCAP6-DTM Design||Number of Questions: 24|
|Exam Product: Horizon Version: 6.x||Passing Score: 300|
|Recommended Training: Horizon: Design and Deploy [V6]||Validated Against: Horizon 6.x|
|Exam Price: $450 USD, More on Pricing||Exam Languages: English|
|First Available Appointment: 22 August 2016||Format: Drag and Drop, Design Tool|
|Exam Information Last Updated: 16 August 2016|
VMware Learning Zone
VMware Certification Market Place
Test Drive a Horizon Environment
Updated: PASSED on the first try!
Yeah passed it on 13-06-2017 and marked myself VCIX6-DTM.
Overall the exam was doable.. did not run into time issues, had 65 min spare.
My biggest concern was that the exam is based on Horizon 6 and it’s counterparts where my last few deployments were all horizon 7 based.
Just to give some tips:
1. Know the product versions used in the exam and have some experience deploying and designing them.
2. Take your time! You have plenty. Read the questions and do not over do the 7/8 visio like design scenarios. Do what’s asked and if it says like “no external connections required” do not insert some security servers or other non asked requirements.
3. Study the product maximums.
- Horizon 6.2
- App Volumes 2.11
- vROPS 6.2
- Log Insight
- ThinApp 5.1
- Mirage (versie onbekend)
- VSAN 6.1 of 6.2?
4. Know the differences between conceptual, logical and technical. and how to assign and read constraints, Assumptions (Risks, Requirements) & Dependencies.
5. study.. study.. or just do it.. Good luck!
- Functional versus Non-functional Requirements
- Conceptual, Logical, Physical: It is Simple
- Constraints, Assumptions (Risks, Requirements) & Dependencies
- Systems Architecture Fundamentals – Conceptual, Logical, Physical Designs
- VCDX Design defencee blueprint (Availability, Manageability, Performance, Security, Recoverability)
- VMware Horizon 6 with App Volumes and Virtual SAN Reference Architecture
- VMware Mirage Large-Scale Reference Architecture
- Administering View Cloud Pod Architecture
- VMware Horizon with View and Virtual SAN Reference Architecture
- Horizon 6 with View Performance and Best Practices
- VMware Horizon 6 Reference Architecture
- Horizon View Large-Scale Reference Architecture
- VMware Horizon 6 Storage Considerations
There are not many VCAP DTM Deploy or Design!
Pingback: Goodbye, Hello, Job Changes - vDrone