Be aware that this is an unsupported way to change applications within Horizon.
Since the age of time, when you have created a Application Pool in Horizon and it’s set to a RDS Farm you will not be able to change that. The only option is that you delete the Application Pool and recreate it on the RDS Farm you want. Normally this is not an issue but having a load of pools and need to recreate it is time consuming and prone to error.
Below I will guide you through another option on how to change RDS Farm without recreating the Application Pool.
Example below. Chrome is running on TEST_FARM but i want it running on RDS_FARM01 without deleting and recreating the Application Pool.
Change the Farm
Log in to one of your connection servers and setup the ADSI edit connection to the Horizon ADAM database.
Windows Server 2008 / 2012
- Log in to one of the View Connection Servers as Domain Administrator.
- Click Start > Administrative Tools > ADSI Edit.
- In the console window, right-click ADSI Edit and click Connect to.
- In the Name field type: View ADAM Database
- Select Select or type a Distinguished Name or Naming Context.
- In the field below Select or type a Distinguished Name or Naming Context, type: dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int
- Select Select or type a domain or server.
- In the field below Select or type a domain or server, type: localhost:389
- Click OK.
- Click View ADAM Database [localhost:389] to expand.
- Click DC=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int to expand.
Note: If you are unable to connect using dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int, try using dc=vdi;dc=vmware;dc=int.
Once in ADAM go to OU=Applications and see your list of Applications Pools.
In my case i open CN=Google_Chrome by right clicking it and selecting properties.
This can be any application in your case.
Scroll for a while when you see pae-Servers
Select pae-Servers and click edit.
Delete the string CN=TEST_FARM,OU=Server Groups,DC=vdi,DC=vmware,DC=int and add the new string CN=RDS_FARM01,OU=Server Groups,DC=vdi,DC=vmware,DC=int
(Or your application and Farm name)
Then press OK. Now refresh your Application Pools page and see that the application changed Farm without recreating it.
You can also rename the CN on the previous pane to have it change the name in the console as well.
i tried this and this broke our ability to access application pools in view console. it says failed to load information after a day